Love Your Park Week 2021
Park registration is now open!
On behalf of Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, we would like to invite you to participate in Love Your Park Week 2021. Registration is now officially open for Park Friends Groups and other park stewards to participate in our favorite week of the year!
Before diving in, please check out the registration guide as well as this page which includes important dates, helpful tips, and questions to consider.
The deadline to register is Wednesday, March 31.
As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and Fairmount Park Conservancy have decided to take a new approach to this year’s Love Your Park Week.
At this moment non-cleanup events are on hold. We will follow up with you if things change in this regard.
In the interest of Park Friends, volunteers, staff, and residents, all group work days will be capped at 25 people. We will also be putting into place measures to safely distribute tools and supplies and implement guidelines for leading a safe service day. Read below and also be prepared to follow the Park Friends Network: COVID-19 Best Practices for volunteer cleanups.
We use a volunteer management system called GivePulse to register volunteers for our events. If you would like to learn more about GivePulse and how to use it, please use the GivePulse Guide as a reference.
COVID -19 Safety Guidelines
Maximum number of attendees at your Love Your Park event is 25. This number includes park friend members and project/team leaders. All participants - including event organizers - must pre-register.
Remember to wear a mask, and to stay home if you experience COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed case in the last 14 days.
Volunteers are required to:
- Wear a mask & gloves
- Stay at least six feet from others.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands immediately after removing gloves.
- Dispose of single-use gloves properly; wash reusable work gloves between uses.
- Stay home if you experience COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Symptoms include cough, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, headache, sore throat, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, and diarrhea (Know the symptoms).
Additional reminders for volunteers:
- Facilities and public restrooms remain closed to the public.
- Disinfect high touch surfaces before and after every use by using alcohol-based solutions (at least 70% alcohol) or an EPA-registered household disinfectant
- Tools must be disinfected before returning them to your toolshed, or before placing them in an enclosed space
- Encourage volunteers to bring their own gloves, water, and sunscreen.
- Please take precautions when handling sharps or working in an area where sharps may be present. Read more here: Sharps Disposal Safety Guide
- Everyone must sign our liability waiver to participate. (This will happen automatically when they register through GivePulse.)
- The liability waiver and a “Guide to hosting Service Days” are found on the loveyourpark.org resources page.
Thank you for helping to keep your parks clean and safe throughout this health crisis. Our green spaces have become an essential during these times! We hope you and your loved ones stay well.
If you have further questions please contact Lindsey Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Edelweiss Cardenas at email@example.com.
Yours in Park Love,
The Parks & Rec and Fairmount Park Conservancy Stewardship Team