Love Your Park Fall Service Day 2021
Park registration is now open!
On behalf of Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, we would like to invite you to participate in Love Your Park Fall Service Day on Saturday, November 13, 2021. Registration is now officially open for Park Friends Groups and other park stewards to participate in our favorite day of the season.
Before diving in, please check out the registration guide as well as this page which includes important dates, helpful tips, and questions to consider.
The deadline to register is September 30.
Please use the Registration Guide as you submit your event. Whoever registers your park will be the primary administrator of your group's event on GivePulse. If you are not comfortable using GivePulse, please consider asking another member of your Friends group to submit your event. If no one in your group is comfortable using GivePulse, we are here to help you! Please reach out to Lindsey or Edelweiss for support.
While there is no cap on how many volunteers can register to an event, we strongly recommend Friends groups keep their volunteer registration cap at 25 in the interest of Park Friends, volunteers, staff, and residents. We will also be putting into place measures to safely distribute tools and supplies and implement guidelines for leading a safe service day. Read below and also be prepared to follow the Park Friends Network: COVID-19 Best Practices for volunteer cleanups.
We use a volunteer management system called GivePulse to register volunteers for our events. If you would like to learn more about GivePulse and how to use it, please use the GivePulse Guide as a reference.
Lindsey Walker, the GivePulse Guru, has also led a great workshop on the ins and outs of this system- view the workshop video here or the slideshow here. Please take advantage of this workshop to help manage your events. Let GivePulse do the work for YOU!
COVID -19 Safety Guidelines
While there is no cap on how many volunteers can register to an event, we strongly recommend Friends groups keep their volunteer registration cap at 25 in the interest of Park Friends, volunteers, staff, and residents. This number includes park friend members and project/team leaders. All participants - including event organizers - must pre-register.
Remember to wear a mask, and to stay home if you experience COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed case in the last 14 days.
Volunteers are required to:
- Wear a mask & gloves
- Stay at least six feet from others.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands immediately after removing gloves.
- Dispose of single-use gloves properly; wash reusable work gloves between uses.
- Stay home if you experience COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Symptoms include cough, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, chills, headache, sore throat, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, and diarrhea (Know the symptoms).
Additional reminders for volunteers:
- Disinfect high touch surfaces before and after every use by using alcohol-based solutions (at least 70% alcohol) or an EPA-registered household disinfectant.
- Encourage volunteers to bring their own gloves, water, and sunscreen.
- Please take precautions when handling sharps or working in an area where sharps may be present. Read more here: Sharps Disposal Safety Guide
- Everyone must sign our liability waiver to participate. (This will happen automatically when they register through GivePulse.)
- The liability waiver and a “Guide to hosting Service Days” are found on the loveyourpark.org resources page.
Thank you for helping to keep your parks clean and safe throughout the year. Our green spaces have continued to be an essential during these times. We hope you and your loved ones stay well.
If you have further questions please contact Lindsey Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Edelweiss Cardenas at email@example.com.
Yours in Park Love,
The Parks & Rec and Fairmount Park Conservancy Stewardship Team